Official figures show that 13,842 calls were received in August – that figure increasing to almost 18,000 in September when many people began receiving their new bins.
Stirling Council have confirmed that the types of calls received have been:
- Confusion about when the new calendar starts.
- People unable to understand the calendar.
- People unhappy that the wrong bins have been emptied when they have followed the calendar advice.
- People unhappy with the number of bins they have.
- People unhappy about using shared bins.
- Requests for smaller bins.
- Customers not receiving their new bins.
The SNP’s Councillor Graham Houston has criticised the Tory/Labour Administration’s handling of the new rollout:
“This is by far the biggest issue residents are contacting me regarding and it is clear that this shambolic situation is also resulting in many people contacting the council’s call centre with their complaints. Call handlers are working flat out to address the many issues people are having with these new bins.
“The dysfunctional Tory/Labour Administration should have ensured that they were more prepared and that residents were properly notified ahead of these changes. This has clearly not been the case and residents are clearly and rightly frustrated as a result.”